Synergy Sirens dance company explores creative expression through high-quality
dance performance, incorporating bellydance technique (Raqs Sharqi, ATS, fusion)
and other dance forms such as modern, jazz, and hip hop.
Sahira Zedare directs the company, which currently includes dancers Ashira, Inaya Nawar, and Moirne.
The Synergy Sirens have performed in central Illinois, Chicago, and St Louis and they are the featured performers in the semi-annual Synergy RaD Bellydance Showcases.
Some Past Performances
- Raqs Arcana Show featuring Ariellah, Chicago
- Cairo Cabaret featuring Final Veil, St. Louis
- Shimmy for the Shelter, Peoria
- Gypsy Cats Benefit Hafla with Il Troubadore, Chicago
- Bollywood Show, Springfield
- HoHoHo Habibi Hafla, Chicago
- Tribal Revolution Hafla
- Bellies for Life, Champaign IL
- Bellydance on Bourbon Street, Chicago
- Cultural Festival, Bloomington IL
- Bellydance Underground, Chicago
- Amel Tafsout Show hosted by Simone's Seventh Veil, St. Louis
- In Bed By Ten hosted by Nawar Neesa, Springfield IL
- Illinois Sustainable Living and Wellness Expo at IWU, Bloomington IL
- Jawhara Show hosted by Bellydance with Babs, Bloomington IL
Sahira Zedare's skills include drumming with tar (frame drum), riqq, and doumbek. Dancing and drumming generate a joyous synergy! Click here to learn more about Sahira Zedare.
Belly dance has been a positive experience for Ashira. She enjoys the fun atmosphere of performances and classes. And she appreciates the encouraging attitudes of other dancers. She would tell those interested in trying this style of dance for the first time to go ahead and do it!
Belly dance continues to provide Inaya with new challenges while allowing her to forge a deeper connection to her first love, music. Dancing allows her to explore the visual and kinetic facets of music. She recently began taking drumming lessons with Sahira and continues to focus on building her collection of belly dance music.
When not dancing, Inaya enjoys studying, playing and listening to music, reading and traveling.
Photo: Tumbling Leaves Photography
Moirne's dance background is limited with a just one college Modern Dance class, a Ballroom dance class, and informal lessons with her Salsa dancing sister. She has found bellydance, and in particular the Synergy Studio, to be a great way to experience alot of different dance and music styles. As a former Drama student in high school, Moirne enjoys incorporating "storytelling" in some of her dances. She also enjoys the creative endeavor of sewing, beading, and assembling costumes from a wide variety of materials.
She highly recommends Bellydance as a great way to improve your balance, posture, muscle tone, and flexibility. She has found it has greatly improved her spinal and core strength, eliminating joint popping and "creaking" completely in her neck and lower back. Bellydance is a fun way for anyone of any age, body type, or fitness level to get out there and "move it"!